A character with seven books, eight movies, fans spread across the globe, and now – a brand new theme park. Who could this iconically famous character be? None other than Harry Potter. Of course Harry himself isn’t the only famous part of the series, but his name is definitely the most recognizable.
Those of us over here on the West Coast have been jealous of Florida’s Universal Studios Wizarding World of Harry Potter for years until the ultra exciting news came – California is getting one too! Except that news came years ago, and the wait has been so long. Hooray for no more waiting! The park finally opened just a few weeks ago, and it’s everything and more. For all you Harry Potter fans out there, here is what you can expect
A Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood Primer
- Honestly could there really even be a Harry Potter World without Hogwarts? Hardly! One look at the castle and you’ll feel transported to the magical world of wizards. You might even find out which house you truly belong in.
- Oh yeah, you can stroll through the quaint village and imagine what the characters might have been feeling doing the same thing! From Ollivanders wand shop, Zonko’s joe shop, Honeydukes candy store, Dervish and Banges clothing store and more, you’ll have a blast enjoying the treats we’ve all read about and seen in the films.
- Hogsmeade will also include Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods gift shop, Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, and Gladrags Wizardwear and Owl Post Stationery shop.
Yes, Butterbeer is On the Menu
- There is no Harry Potter world without Butterbeer. The deliciously frothy shortbread and butterscotch flavored drink will warm your insides and inspire English accents after enough pint’s… (even though there isn’t an ounce of alcohol in it).
Right Now, Only Two RIdes
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is one of the two rides, and it’s a motion-based simulator ride inside the Hogwarts castle. This ride is truly incredible, and is worth going more than once!
- Flight of the Hippogriff is the family-friendly ride, and is a more of a calm roller coaster.
It’s time for you to hop on your broomstick and fly your way to Universal Studios Hollywood! Definitely purchase your tickets in advance, especially since this section of the theme park just opened!
When visiting the L.A. area it’s best practice to stay somewhere centrally located. L.A. is the kind of city where everything is close, and everything is far. Basically, within a fairly large area you have Universal Studios, Disneyland, Venice Beach, Hollywood, so on and so forth. Relatively speaking they are all close, but none of them are walking distance from one another, nor are they really public transit. So the best thing to do is find a central hotel, in or around downtown L.A., and then rent a car. There’s so much to see and do around L.A., it will certainly be an exciting trip!
For your centrally-located hotel needs seek out Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Commerce Casino, which is between all the major attractions. Not to mention Crowne Plaza has an entire team of friendly and helpful staff that will help you plan out a perfect itinerary including all of your top attractions! We wish you happy vacation and a successful adventure!